06 October 2021
Visionary building –
with composite textiles by vombaur
Hightech textiles for future-oriented construction projects
Building shells, bridges, staircases, facades ... construction projects are exposed to enormous mechanical loads. Often there are also considerable climatic or environmental influences. This has prompted the increasing use of fibre-reinforced materials in construction projects. After all, besides many other exciting properties, they offer high mechanical rigidity, low weight and excellent corrosion resistance.
Our tapes, tubulars, sections and 3D woven textiles form the perfect basis for these innovative building materials. The seamless round or shaped woven narrow textiles made of high-performance fibres are extremely loadable because they have neither seams nor welds – and therefore no undesirable breaking points. Their surface properties are identical over the entire length. In challenging tasks, our composite textiles offer a lightweight solution that is as reliable as it is durable.
Safe and durable solutions for challenging applications
The potential applications for lightweight components in the construction industry are as numerous as the project ideas of the planning and construction teams.
- Ropes and tensioning elements made of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP)
- Reinforcement of building structures made of concrete, steel, wood or other materials
- Sustainable restructuring of constructions and urban districts for bridges and buildings
- CFC slats as reinforcements in case of repairs
- (Filled) GRP pipes made of seamless round woven tubes by vombaur as columns/pillars
- CFRP sections as steel girder substitutes
- Hollow profiles with individually designed cross-sections
- Glass fibre reinforced connecting elements for glazing to minimise expansion differences between the connecting element and the glass
- Individual light wells